August 19, 2010

A Dog with Many Hats

Growing up I always wanted a big fluffy dog, later in college I decided that I wanted a basset hound (love the ears). When Kwille and I made the decision to get a dog we compromised on the type of dog we wanted (he wanted a hound hunting dog and I wanted a basset), so we went with the bloodhound (hunts and still has those cute ears).

Now all through this time of daydreaming and compromising I swore that I would never dress my future dog up in any type of clothing... then Boone Warren came into our life. What a cute face, floppy,stretchy skin and those extra long ears, what could make this puppy even cuter? Add a festive hat of course!!


I'm not sure what got into me, but the first hat I bought him was just too cute and he made our 2009 Christmas cards a hit.

But why stop at Christmas? For Easter, Boone was our little Cadberry bunny.

Christmas, Easter... apparently not enough, for his first birthday I spent the dough to buy him his own birthday hat. He looks like a little wizard from Harry Potter's world.

While photographing these moments, poor Boone either sits there and looks depressed or tries to take off his hat. Do I feel a sense of shame that I dressed my dog up and that I can't stop laughing at him (queue: Kwille: "He knows you're laughing at him")?

Nope, he looks so darn cute and I'm sure he loves the attention that he gets.

Halloween is just around the corner... I'm looking for the perfect hat: pumpkin? maybe a bat?

1 comment: