August 29, 2010

The Taming of the Spice Cabinet

For years, my spice cabinet has a been a complete mess: doubles and triples of the same spice (cinnamon and ginger are aparently favorites of mine), expired spices, and spices that I have no idea why I bought them in the first place.  Kwille and I have been updating our kitchen and while I was prepping our cabinets for painting, I noticed that my spice cabinet is an absolute mess, plus it doesn't help having glass front cabinets but that's yet another project in my near future.



After doing a thorough inventory of my spices, I found really cute containers at Target and found some clear self stick paper.  Using Photoshop Elements, I created labels and printed them out on the self stick paper and cut each label out.



Then after washing all of the containers, I was ready to fill them up! They turned out really cute, I plan on keeping the ones I use more often out on the counter since and it turns out that the spice colors really go with our new color scheme in the kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment