September 29, 2010

Honey Wheat Beer Bread

Kwille loves beer, I love carbs (too much). Why not put together the two things we love? So that's what we did with our Honey Wheat Beer Bread.


You'll Need:
  • 1.5 cups of wheat flour
  • 1.5 cups of white flour
  • 3 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter (melted)
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 12 oz. beer (This is where it gets interesting, Kwille likes to bring home different types of beer. I've tried Bud lite, Michelob, Miller lite, Hamm's, Boulevard, but my favorite is PBR (it just cooks really well and has a good flavor))

Steps:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Combine the two flours, sugar, salt, butter and baking powder in a large bowl.
  3. Add the beer and stir until completely mixed.
  4. Add the honey (I use Pam on my measuring cup to keep the honey from sticking) and mix.
  5. Pour batter into bread pan and bake for 60 minutes

This bread is great with soup and chili.

No comments:

Post a Comment