September 29, 2010

Strawberry Orange Jello Cookies

This past weekend I needed to make a dessert for a baby shower at work. My killer reading and note taking skills caused this very delicious mistake to occur!

You'll Need:
  • 3.5 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1.5 cups butter (softened)
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 pkg (4 serving size each) of Jello - any flavor - for this I picked orange and strawberry (you're supposed to get two of the same flavor, but that's where I goofed)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
Steps:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar. Add one package of Jello (I added orange) and mix thoroughly. Add egg and vanilla and continue to mix.
  3. Add the baking powder and flour gradually to the mixture.
  4. On a greased cookie sheet, shape the dough into small mounds. Flatten with a bottom of a glass (I spray Pam on the glass before I flatten - it helps the dough from sticking to the glass).
  5. Sprinkle the remaining Jello on the dough (I used Strawberry).
  6. Bake for 10-12 min, remove and let cool.
Yields: 3 dozen to 4 dozen cookies depending on your mound size.

With the left over Strawberry Jello, I added it to my morning yogurt to give it some extra flavor.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment